PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2024, 04:01
mistertoms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, I am in an oddly similar situation as mantoholic having just turned 35, with a Canadian passport and seriously considering pursuing this path (again). The only difference is I've no mortgage or dependables. I applied to CX cadet program 12 years ago but didn't make it past the interview. My career went another path since and have now saved up enough to consider either HKIAA cadet program, living in another country (Cape Town or New Zealand) for flight training for X months/year, or applying to CX cadet program again.

From those I've asked thus far, it seems CX cadet program is the best way to go as it guarantees a job at the end, takes the shortest time and cheapest immediate cost of the 3 options. I understand I wouldn't have income or have reduced salary for the next six years but I should be fine if I'm frugal with my finances. Boulanger curious as to why you suggested not to go with the CX cadet program route given that it should be the fastest and immediately cheapest option between 0 hours and first job.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!