PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways bought by Boeing
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2024, 00:48
glen beard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing/Ausrunways

Good luck to all who use Ozrunways after Boeing"s purchase.They have effectively stuffed every company they have bought.Aviall WAS one of the best suppliers of G.A. parts and products.Boeing's bunch of clowns turned it into the most inefficient,non-user friendly companies in the world of aviation.I dealt with them from the old days when it was called Van Dusen (40+ years ago).Their prices were reasonable,but the most important thing was availability,which is what keeps you flying,which obviously is the name of the game.They obviously entered the G.A. market using the wrong staff who had little or no product knowledge of what they were selling.I used to phone or walk into their Jandakot facility and,10 minutes later,walk out with my requirements.Now the availabilty is ex USA on most popular items.A few years ago they didn't even have a Baron main wheel tyre in Australia and none on order!!!! That was only one of hundreds of commonly used parts that are no longer stocked in Australia.
They have also made it fairly clear that they don't want "small" clientele.
If you don't have an account your effectively stuffed.They won't accept cash but if you have a cash account you can use your card,with one little catch - minimum cash sale is/was $250.So if an owner walks in to grab a spray pack of flat black to tidy his prop up,its going to cost $250 + gst.Now thats what I call SERVICE!!!!!
Thank God I retired after 50 odd years selling parts because I no longer could tolerate todays lack of service in most fields of commerce.I have a philosophy that the higher the ISO rating,the worst the service.
Good luck to anyone entering general aviation it sure has changed since the 70's.