PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic information
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2024, 18:07
patituri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Inverted.Panda
Yeah salaries haven't followed inflation and are on the low side. Especially for captains who get sent to Zurich ACMI all the time, away from families and for no salary incentive. That's the main driver of the low moral in the company. That and the management always pushing back, saying that if we're not happy we can leave, instead of trying to find some solutions. But colleagues are nice, most people are chill and fun to fly with, at least you have that.

But the salaries are enough to pay rent and utilities. That depends entirely on where you live and your lifestyle.
I pay 580 for a one bedroom apartment in Agenskalns, in a modern residence, and pay around 70 of utilities in summer and 150 in winter, living alone. The lowest FO salary in BTI (2800 net) can afford that. Even if you add the cost of groceries, fuel and some night outs, there should be some money left.
If you want to live in the city center, in a fancy apartment, party every day and already have debts from before, then yes the salary may be tight. But you're still not a homeless.
And what's wrong with taking the bus?
150 of utilities only if you are wrapped with a blanket. I would say that in my previous airline we had less d!@heads. Still most of the pilots are fun to work with. The problem is the large number of inadequate pilots. Last year we had 2 near CFIT incidents and a runway excursion. Flying with them can cost your career at least. I would say the root problem is that a lot of pilots joined without meeting the initial requirements. And this mentality expands to upgrades too