PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The EMTRASUR Jumbo jet Saga came to an end...
Old 14th Feb 2024, 15:35
Magplug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WillowRun 6-3
Accuse me, if you like, of intuitive reasoning augmented by just very occasional legal experience with United States sanctions programs and their enforcement, but I'll assert that the writers who are responsible for "US TV action drama" programs have no actual appreciation for, or knowledge of, sanctions programs, their reasons for being, or enforcement.

Of course if you want to generalize from popular entertainment programming, why not include Rambo's mission back into Indian Country to liberate prisoners?
WillowRun 6-3 You make a good point in your first sentence the priority of TV writers is primarily to increase their ratings by entertaining and giving the audience more of the content they crave. That content very often sees Americans as the good guys 'fixing broken stuff abroad'.

In the political arena, American politics is primarily all about getting bank-rolled. Once you have the money for a countrywide campaign you must then walk some fine lines to become 'all things to all men', in order to get elected. I would venture to suggest that popular TV entertainment gets far more American ''Eyeball Time', and so is far more influential, than any educated political debate.