PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clarifying missed app climb gradients
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2024, 13:06
hellkitty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clarifying missed app climb gradients

Hello Guys,

As I am getting lost with all that gradient mess please be so kind and help me with uderstanding it
I know that certification gradients for MA are 2,1 for approach climb (with OEI, flaps approach, gear up)) and 3,2 for landing climb. I know also that minimum gradient for MA procedures is 2,5%. Let's assume we are flying to Nice, there is ILS Y RWY04L in use (just as an example) where we have such statement: MACG min 3,0% DA: 301 (for B cat a/c) and MACG 2,5% so then DA is 321. This is the point I am getting lost. If they put 3.0% gradient on the map, AFAIK, that means there is a demand for higher gradient than standard procedural (2,5%). First question - does the gradient from the jeppsen map include OEI? As I know normally procedures are made for AEO, however the name "MACG" makes me think it is missed approach climb hence it takes into account only OEI.
I see that my FMS after computing all the WAT data i put in, gives me approach climb 3,5 and balked landing 4. As 3,5>3,0 I can commence the approach with lower minimas. The question is what about 2,1%. Do I need it somehow? For what exactly I need it or do I even need it at all?
Do i need keep at least 3,0 untill the end of the whole missed approach procedure (end of final segment)?
Is it somehow possible that my a/c will not meet certification requirements for MACG/landing climb under some circumstances (assuming I am operating it within AFM limits)?

Last edited by hellkitty; 14th Feb 2024 at 13:20.