PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War on woke
Thread: War on woke
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2024, 15:26
Tartiflette Fan

Received 286 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by ORAC
The issues with the forces (inept recruitment with multi-year delays, dysfunctional flying training, bad housing, etc etc) are nothing to do with “woke”.
Unless you are intimately aware of everything going on from procurement to training, I think you are stretching too far. Having read about Boeing's DEI procedures, I can believe that box-ticking to achieve fatuous goals is prevalent in all areas of the military. Some time within the last week some news outlet published just how many committees/networks dealing with racism/sexism/how to address people etc etc there were in the military, and it was unbelievable. Having said that I have to add that the number of recent examples of criminal behaviour in those categories being publicised are worrying. Those are however real crimes and not micro-aggressions.

I recall once being in a US military establishment and usinga pen that said "Made by Blackfoot Indians ". When I asked about this, I was informed that disadvantaged groups are given prioriity in procurement procedures which obviously aligns with what I wrote about Boeing above, as I imagine they were likely reacting to advice from the DoD about inclusive employers being preferred.