PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2024, 00:49
ActiveLooker

Received 94 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by YeahNup
No one is shooting them; just wondering if they will help the FOs feed their families while the "well-heeled" pursue their agenda of burning it down and then returning to HK.

Objectively speaking, it is highly likely that this situation will lead to an intractable bargaining hearing in two or three months' time, at the earliest. Following this, FW will grant IB. The FW commissioners will take around six months to determine an outcome, using the 2016 EA (not the recently voted-down proposal) as a starting point, and the most recent modern award conditions as guidelines. They may or may not consider other EAs of similar types of businesses, but it's important to note that "same job, same pay" does not apply here.

During the interim nine months, the crew will remain on the worst possible EA conditions, lose money due to PIA, and may or may not end up on an EA that could be better, worse, or equivalent to what has been voted down. Those who are expressing platitudes and hyperbole such as "stay strong brothers", etc., should ask themselves whether they are taking a hit themselves or simply encouraging others to do the dirty work and take a loss on their behalf.

I have not personally pushed for a Yes or a No vote in this forum. However, I have called for objective analysis rather than emotional reactions and an end to bullying and vilification of those who may hold a differing view.
Well that’s a management post if ever I’ve read one. Run away ferret!
The following 2 users liked this post by ActiveLooker: