PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OzRunways bought by Boeing
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2024, 22:48
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
OzRunways bought by Boeing

Just got an email from the OzR team saying that Boeing has purchased the company... TBH, I'm not sure how I feel about that given Boeing's recent and not-so-recent corporate direction and fear they may try to force their global-multinational mindset on the OzR team and take them away from what I've always imagined them to be, a small Aussie team who saw a need and filled it well.

Many years back, I couldn't get OzR to email the plan to my Dynon, and after a bit of back-and-forth, they worked out it was a tiny piece of code added to OzR that meant it didn't work with my antique iPad2. Code got tweaked in the next update and I've been seamlessly syncing my flightplans ever since and remained committed to their app because of that interaction - even if I do use Samsung for everything else in life - I hope that level of care and attention to their customers doesn't suffer with the new owners.
A Boeing Company

Continuing its focus to support pilots around the world with powerful and innovative applications, Boeing today announced it has acquired OzRunways. With this, OzRunways becomes part of the ForeFlight family.

“OzRunways and ForeFlight have a common culture of innovation – creating software with a focus on intuitive, pilot-centric design.
Now we are excited to join the ForeFlight team and collaborate on bringing even greater capabilities to pilots all over the globe.”
EDIT: Fixed title.

Last edited by KRviator; 12th Feb 2024 at 23:14.
The following users liked this post: