PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2024, 21:30
Saintly

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by dijon moutard
Hi Saintly
They are definitely PIA through to Friday UNLESS QF relents in their “hard-ball” attitude towards their pilots who earn LESS then their competitors across the road (VARA/previously formerly Skywest) who fly the exact same Aircraft .

What a pity that their management team treat them with such contempt with an expired Eba agreement going back almost 4 years .

Just imagine your workers with NO pay rises in 4 years !

Cheers
Buddy
Hi mate,

Thanks for letting me know. Looks like ill need to arrange and look at alternative flights, probably use VA.

But yes it's not good and the Network pilots absolutely deserve more money. What's the difference in pay for Network pilots compared to VARA pilots?

In terms of the strikes, I'll say this: I'm a union member in another industry. Striking is the absolute last option that unions and their members take and when striking is the only option, then most of the time all other avenues in terms of negotiating for a suitable pay/conditions have been looked into. When members of a union decide to strike, then you know the situation is not good and the situation calls for striking. No one wants to strike - including unions and their members. But sometimes striking is the only way to send a very loud and clear message.

I wish all Network pilots well during this tricky period and I hope they get the outcome that they absolutely deserve.

Cheers,
Saintly.
The following 3 users liked this post by Saintly: