PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2024, 06:04
Aero_manoloman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TheSkiingPilot
Aeromanoloman when did you pass the assessments? Just wondering how long it takes from passing the final phase of the assessment process to starting initial training. I’ve heard many different things, some say a few months some say close to a year. Thanks
In August I did my assessment in Dubai and I got the positive answer the day after I returned to my country. From then on it's all about finding dates and ticking certain boxes for Emirates to send you a contract. In Dubai they told us that courses were packed and that they expected ours to start around February (6 months). That was just our case. I can't say if other people joined at a time were the training department was less busy and they waited less or more. You have a fair level of control on your joining date so I'm sure that if for any reason you'd want to join at a later date they'd grant it if they can. You can also state that you want to start earlier and if someone drops out they might put you in earlier. Throughout the whole process you're assigned an onboarding coordinator and the communication is very fluid. You're also given access to an onboarding portal with all the information you need and some paperwork to be done (About Staff Travel, relocation and VISA arrangements). During the wait you'll also do some e-learning (Airplane CBT and various OPS courses).