PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Aisle Twins performance at KASE - Aspen
Old 11th Feb 2024, 21:43
20driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
West Coast
Thanks for the reply.
Re the fuel figure - I got it from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_economy_in_aircraft
They have the data nicely tabulated. The numbers they use seem to check out with others I have found.
For a 737-Max 8 they have a per seat figure of 2.77L/100 Km for 500 mile leg
For the RJ700 the same number is 4.36 L /km for 500 mile leg
The table also shows a 737-Max 7 which is not in service - so not sure where that came from .
American and United fly A-319 and B 737-700 from Eagle which is also a special use airport.

ASE is going to run of out jets for commercial service. There is only Embraer selling Regional jets and their volume is pretty low. The E-175 is not a great performer but that is what Skywest is replacing the RJ with.
What is interesting is in the ski towns in the region , Eagle Vail, Jackson, Steamboat , Montrose is most of the flying is being done by the mainline iSingle Aisle Twins and the regional jet flying is shrinking. I am guessing the big factor is regionals are having to step up their pay substantially and economies of scale are making the bigger planes a better deal.

I did find a study down for the Airport that showed the 737-700 was marginal for the missed approach in the summer.

Last edited by 20driver; 11th Feb 2024 at 22:01.