PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USAF WO program being considered ((no pilots)
Old 11th Feb 2024, 18:41
trim it out

Received 42 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by The B Word
Not cost saving - that is fake news. It was re-profiled to pay more later and less earlier.
And those that leave as soon as they can (because the job is mind numbing with all the extra curricular nonsense that is done to fill time when there are no serviceable aircraft) receive no flying pay, so in those instances it is cheaper. I don't have the stats for how many leave at the OCU+6 years now but it will be interesting to see how the first generation of aircrew on the new system respond when they get to the 6 year point.

Regarding the DARR, the pay spines haven't been announced as far as I know. If I was to use common sense, the entry rates won't be anywhere near the OR8 Supp 4 levels quoted there. Those are relating to soldiers that have 15+ years of service. I think the entry rates for Aviation Warrant Officer or whatever is decided on will be akin to OR6 Supp 4 + a level of RRP(F) all bundled into one a la PES(A). Those of us on legacy will just enter at a level similar to what we're on now, as people do when they go on to PES.

The whole reasoning behind DARR is to separate the rank from the pay.