PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2024, 02:53
framer

Received 495 Likes on 133 Posts
Hi Stevieboy,
I agree 100% with your line of thinking and I suspect most employees of Australian companies do too.
When you said
The company does not appear to be addressing issues like employee wellbeing & moral. They don't seem to care about their Pilots at all, rather see them as adversaries.
it made the likes of us who have been around the QF group for a few decades pause, blink slowly, shake our heads a bit and then realise that not everyone is as jaundiced as ourselves. The idea of the company caring about employees wellbeing and morale seems kinda cute and definitely naive.
The reality of being part of the group is that there is a lot of propaganda around ideology and modern philosophies, but that only gets investment to the minimum extent possible to be able to pull off the odd media release with a passing sense of legitimacy. If you ignore the advertising and puff pieces and look at things that actually happen, like illegal sacking of 1700 workers, or marginalising/ suspending good honest workers like Theo Seremetidis, or the Chairman’s Lounge High Court Judge issue from 2023, or the Labour hire practices that see cabin crew operating the same flight on very different salaries, or the willingness to leave a pilot group on wages that are below the award for years and years, or the ‘bundle of contractual rights’ attitude etc etc etc then it becomes clear that the share price rising and falling in the appropriate manner is what drives absolutely everything.

​​​​​​​I sincerely hope Network Aviation Pilots can start getting treated with a little more respect & get some of the recognition they are entitled to, best of luck.
I do too. Mainly because I really like aviation and don’t like seeing it become a nasty place to be with declining standards.
For the last 20 or 30 years most of the levers have been pulling for corporations in the aviation industry, right now, that’s not the case. If we, as operational aviation people don’t take the shot while it is there ( maybe briefly) then the standards will fall away over the next decade to a level that I don’t think I’ll be proud to be a part of. The Corporations definitely take their shots where they can, we must do the same ( like the Network pilots have done) or we’ll be part of something very average. I don’t know one Network pilot, yet I feel proud of them. Good work folks.