PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar airways (Master thread)-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2024, 21:08
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lejyonas01
I just got today assessment for the end of March. I am currently type rated 737max FO with 3000 hours.

I will be honest and applied for wide body as it was mentioned 777-787-747 FOs. But the whole picture I got from experiences and comments they can really put you wherever they want. That's also not nice that you cannot agree fleet before you come. I am considering to cancel assessment totally. I don't want to end up to 737max while I am thinking and expecting I applied for 777-787 I will get it.
Mate, It was very clear in the advertisement. It reads and I quote ”Type rated first Officer Boeing”. Meaning, any Boeing that meets the requirements.

The requirements read and I quote from their website;

Minimum 1000 hours total flight time on Multi-Crew, Multi-Engine, and Commercial Airline experience on a jet with MTOW of 30,000 kg or higher
• Minimum 500 hours total flight time on a B787 / B777 / B767 / B757 / B747-400 (400F/-8/-8F) / B737NG/MAX

It does not state anywhere which fleet you are applying to, it doesn’t state anywhere that if you are rated on the 777, for example, you will be given the 777 seat. This is a basic analysis, people are going with delusions, hearsay, not listening to fair advice or paying attention to what is written in the application.
The current shortage is on the MAX because it isn’t a great plane, short haul in the ME is awful, long days in the 737 flight deck, no crew rest, little to no night stops working to max hours, minimum rest etc.