PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not getting enough flight training in flight school
Old 10th Feb 2024, 15:36
Oildrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Oildrip;11590746]Hi
First time on here and looking for some advice. My daughter is a cadet with a flight school and started the integrated course as she wanted to complete it in 18 months rather than drawn out. She felt it was better for her way of learning, intense and ongoing.
It was always a struggle to get the flight training, others steaming in and taking a place, weather issues, planes grounded, Instructors leaving or ill, the usual that ive seen others complain about, but she was meant to have finished before Christmas but is so behind and still is sitting in her digs just waiting to be scheduled each day. She is lucky to average 2 to 3 a month. Clearly she is worried, her hard spent learning is deteriorating with the lack of practise.

We are not well off, and in fact I sold my home to pay the fees and their are no more funds available, all savings have gone and she is living on air. I worry for her mental health, all the sitting and waiting to get her flight training to get her licence. She feels like she is missing all the opportunities to get a job, all she wants to do is to finish now and go earn some money.

I have asked her have they said they are holding you back for any reason, to which she has said no, or at least nobody has spoken with her about it.
She often emailed to remind them that she needed to be scheduled, spoken with instructors and other personnel but they say its not up to them. She needs to move forward or lose it.
If there is anyone that has over come this issue, or a staff member of a flight school that might point me in the right direction as to how to advise her to get these flights out of the school and finish the course I would be grateful for some advice.

Many thanks

UPDATE
Have just been chasing up my daughter to see what has happened this week, has only been in 1.5 days only because the weather was so bad that hardly anyone was in.
No progress made on the time in, where she did some revision, some touch drills. All planes with rear seats are grounded with issues so couldnt cadge lifts.
She has confirmed the following to me

"Ive already spoken to everyone who I can about this matter all the time, most of them known for getting things done. Going in to plan for flights I wont get is not going to help in any way, and they wont just assign me flights for the sake of it unfortunately. I want to backseat and ask often but like I said I am unable to at the moment. There isnt much more I can do as I ask them all directly all the time, but they just follow a spreadsheet now but I must be a stack overflow on it, as I never seem to be given the due priority. For Notams, I plan for the next flight after my previous one, I just wait for the 20 mins it takes to adapt it to the days events and conditions."

I also know she has asked to help in Ops and on the ramps, but they wont allow as she is a full time student