PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why do so many people try to start an airline ?
Old 9th Feb 2024, 18:56
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
pretty bleak picture painted here -a Ryanair world not just aviation where only the price matters, although, to be fair to Ryanair, they do go to a lot of the way places.

Since moving from LHR country to the SW Ive used Jet 2 a few tiems and found them very good, they do seem to invest in their customer facing staff who in my experience have a good customer facing ethos both on the ground and in the cabin.
Following many complaints about baggage handling at Bristol (Britain's worst airport??) run on the cheap by a Canadian pension fund, Jet 2 ditched the outsourced one-size-fits-all baggage handling contract and put their own people in.

As a rule,sad as it is individuals dont belong in mega industries, Ok Bezos invented his own industry and Musk is from Mars but its a big risk. Back in the day of deregulation in my industry telecoms/internet there were lots of people of entrepreneurial bent who thought I can find a niche and do better than some big ex Govt monolith . A few worked for a while but they pretty much all ended up being bought at Ch 11 prices by bigger fish and some just never did industry specific due diligence (usually via lawyers who knew and know little about technology based industries) .

If you want to see a little bit of fighting back try looking at the Nationwide Ads before they get taken down as big banks use their financial clout with Government and thus regulators to stop people telling the unpleasant truth about them.
I dont think I can post a sample as it is effectively advertising but it is both relevant and funny