PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fg Off Russell F. Graham, 226 OCU, killed in Jaguar crash in Northumberland, 1977.
Old 8th Feb 2024, 22:05
Manicday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fg Off Russell F. Graham, 226 OCU, killed in Jaguar crash in Northumberland, 1977.

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out some information about my uncle, Flying Officer Russel Ferguson Graham, attached to 226 OCU out of RAF Lossiemouth. He was killed in a Jaguar T2 training crash at Whittingham, Northumberland alongside Flight Lieutenant John Stephen (Taff) Hinchcliffe on 29th July, 1977. He died before I was born so I don't really know much about him at all, other than some old photographs.

I was hoping to perhaps get in touch with friends, some of those who knew him duing training or who joined up around the same time. Basically I'm looking to find out what he was like and if there are any fond memories to pass on.

I'd also like to understand the circumstances of the crash if at all possible. I've managed to find a few posts here, as well as official listings relating to that day, but any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

All the best,
Stuart