PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - After Diversion empty takeoff to previous airport...Why?
Old 8th Feb 2024, 08:49
JanetFlight

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
After Diversion empty takeoff to previous airport...Why?

Hi all...please accept my apologies if this was questioned and answered here before, however the search tool didn't give me what i needed.
Since some years ago this practice was mainly used by Ryanair but lately other LCCs use this option.
So any member here kind explain me.
Whats the reason when for example ( I give here personal examples at Faro, Portugal with for instance Ryanair), a ryr flt inbound to Faro needs to divert to Seville, Malaga or Lisbon, they only stay there for about one hour or less, and they always send pax by road bus, when the respective plane returns empty/ferry to Faro with only crew...?
Are not the leasing of a bus more expensive?
If the plane it's returning to the first airport what's the reason and sense of this?
When vice versa occurs it's also the same, regarding the airports in cause.
I fully understand when airline ops demands plane to take off to a different airport of the pre-planned destination, no other option would be given than alternate transport, but when, and I must emphasize, *When*, aircraft is returning empty to the same planned destination airport, why the hell they sent pax by bus instead of simply take them on a empty plane having the the very same destination of one leased bus or more buses?
It doesn't make me any sense at all, IMHO...
Peace ✌️

Last edited by JanetFlight; 13th Feb 2024 at 02:22.
The following users liked this post: