PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on TUI Fly programme in Belgium
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2024, 15:41
victorkeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by i_havecontrols
I'm scheduled for the end of April. March first is soon! Good luck I'm curious what the group assessment is like, since it's only 30 minutes I think.

I do not know the finer details about the difference licenses available, but I think I've read somewhere that an MPL could be converted to an (f)ATPL with just a little bit of extra training. The theory is, after all, the same. Especially with the TR that you'll get at TUI Fly, and the hours you log in the 8 months that you'll work for them, I'm sure everything is not lost when you don't get another offer after these 8 months.

Anyway, I think TUI Fly is spending a considerable amount of money on us on their end as well: I can't imagine that the 50k covers the entire training, and I can also not imagine that they would invest in students and an entire MPL programme, only to find some people for the summer period and then wave them goodbye again. But of course, that's speculation.
Yes, 1st March! It was offered to me in the online call, but the date is ok, so no problem : ). Although a later date does not really mean better, as I think it would (hopefully) be advantageous to go ahead with the interview now, as you are the first wave, I guess. But I am curious because there are so many dates. Does anyone know how many have applied and reached this stage? And how many places are available? In my case, I would start the training just after high school, but without a degree, or else. What are your profiles, if I may ask . Even in your teens? I wish you all the best of luck and if you want we could start a whats app group or something where we can prepare together as a team.

Now to what you said about the MPL/fATPL: I believe that it is unlikely that a company as employee-friendly as TUI would really run a training programme if it did not bring benefits to both sides. Right? : )