PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2024, 13:30
Alrosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easier said than done I know as I did my sim assessment on the 747 - but it is worth reminding folk they are NOT expecting you to fly the aircraft perfectly, nor is the assessment about how accurately you can fly an unfamiliar aircraft raw data and handle some minor distractions.

It’s more about “managing” the flight as a team - non technical skills are what it’s really about .

If you search the really old threads re previous sim assessments at BA, you’ll see people passed with average raw data flying skills….some people were fast on speed, others became unstable on approach etc…but they worked together to fix it ! if the other guy is struggling or their capacity bucket is full, offer guidance and manage the workload together etc.

Put another way, you could fly the aircraft perfectly and to test pilot standard but if you let the other guy sink or ignore them you ain’t going to pass.

Conversely you can make handling errors, become unstable and go around - but if you’ve worked effectively with the other guy to manage the distractions and problems - well that’s possibly going to paint you in a much better light .

Unlike some other airlines, BA put the emphasis on teamwork in their sim assessments not handling perfection….you can make mistakes and still pass…