PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook...coming from a slightly different angle
Old 27th Jan 2004, 07:31
Harves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomas Cook...coming from a slightly different angle

Hello to you all,

Today I was very pleased to be invited for an interview as cabin crew for Thomas Cook airlines. The different angle that I mention is that I am trained as a pilot and as such, have based all my interview thoughts and ideas from that perspective.

As most of you will know, who are already in the industry, the chances of me finding a seat up front, atleast for a couple of years, are slim to say the least. I would really appreciate any advice that you may be able to give me on interview technique and what to expect.

I also appreciate that many will think that I am just going for what I may see as second best. Truth be told, I would jump at a seconds notice if I got the chance to be up front, but any thoughts on how I should approach this dilema save for assuring interviewers that ultimately it is the love of being airborne, not where I sit which drives me.

I really don't want to have burnt my boats just because I am a qualified pilot. I am very aware that at my age (33), in this climate, a career as a pilot may never happen. If this is the case, then a career as cabin crew would certainly be my goal.

Finally, do you know of any cabin crew in the same position as me. Thanking you in advance for your thoughts.

Harves