PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FTSP AFSP TSA Help Desk not answering.
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2024, 07:45
Mat971

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FTSP AFSP TSA Help Desk not answering.

Hello everyone,

I'm an FAA Commercial pilot from outside the US. I completed my training in the US in 2016, following all the procedures of the Flight Training Security Program, including providing fingerprints. Now, I'm looking to enroll for an FAA type-rating.

However, I'm encountering some issues:

1. I can't access the email I used for my FTSP account registration in 2016, so I can't request a password reset email. The FAQ section suggests creating a new account with the same personal details but a different email and username which will create a conflict in the system and require human intervention from someone at TSA, they will then be able to transfer the information of the old account to the new account.

2. I've changed my passport since 2016, and the expiry date of the passport linked to my FTSP account is in the past (2020), preventing me from entering it into the system. I'm concerned that if I enter my new passport number, the system might not recognize it as a conflict and proceed without human intervention.

I reached out to the help desk via email two weeks ago, but I haven't received a response yet. The website promises inquiries to be answered within 5 business days. This delay is concerning as my class date is approaching.

Has anyone dealt with the FTSP help desk before or have a potential solution for my problem?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mat