PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2024, 20:09
gordonfvckingramsay

Received 730 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by dragon man
They are the 25 per cent, over four years, wage increases agreed with the DP World wharfies - half our waterside workers - and the similar 25 per cent wage deal with the CFMEU, and thus, indirectly, all workers in construction.
Let me spell it out, as Bullock would as well: if 6 per cent-a-year wage increases became generalised and entrenched across the economy, it would be absolutely incompatible with keeping inflation even at 4-5 per cent, far less getting it down and then keeping it down below 3 per cent

From a Terry McCrann article, so I ask myself if it’s good enough for wharfies and construction workers why isn’t it good enough for Network pilots and in fact all aviation workers.
Indeed. And our economics expert friend McCrann failed to consider the decades long pay freeze where pilot salaries plummeted. 25% gets us back to where we might have been in the late 90’s, QF et al have a loooong way to go.

I’ve been told that several pilots from the east coast operation have been unavailable to help break the strike over here. Amazing to feel the support!
The following 8 users liked this post by gordonfvckingramsay: