PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2024, 03:50
Hardrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SkorpionG9542
I agree with you, smepc. As I shared the same terrible HR interview experience and eventually got failed from the HR interview recently. I can't remember what the HR's name is, but the very first bad impression she gave me was that she was late for around 5 minutes in a 30-minutes HR interview. After having a brief self-intro. She keep asking me why not to apply for the graduate engineer/other job in Cathay Pacific, despite I had said that I won't be qualified for graduate engineer. The HR seems to be poor in understanding English and even worse understanding about her own compony business. As I am graduating this summer, she keep asking why I don't apply for the Cadet pilot after graduation instead, while all engineer student I know (including me) would start seeking graduate job as early as October in their final academic year and no one would start finding a job only after their graduation. Although other questions about the Cadet program was also asked, the previous two make me annoyed about her and don't wanna answer the remaining (still she keep asking me why don't apply for other jobs/ why not apply after graduation then).

I could definitely feel her umprofession in HR jobs. I feel like that even if I could do more to "show my passion in aviation", she would still give vitriol comment like "why don't you do more?". No wonder why so many experienced pilot leave Cathay Pacific and seek their next pilot job in a higher-paid, more respected company environment.

Recent news from Cathay Pacific said they "Pledges No Pay Cuts" to retain pilot. Not sure why the management team are so ambitious that they could stop the outflowing pilot by offering "no pay cut", while all major airline (in US, not sure what other countries airlines do) are trying to attract pilots by offering a significant raise in salary. Not to mention that pilot salary in Cathay only offer two-step salary scale, while others airline's salary keep increasing every year a pilot working in their company.

Definitely considering training in foreign country and work after CPL training(e.g. CA, US) to accumulate real PIC experience if one could afford a training fee around $1M HKD.
That's because they have been given a new target - Direct Entry Second Officer. Have a look. They just reopened the hiring. All thanks to the "task force" I guess? Endless Waiting!

https://careers.cathaypacific.com/jo...-entry-2977238