PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia rejects Ukraine helicopter request
Old 6th Feb 2024, 00:04
Blackhawk9

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
60FltMech, is pretty close. Once the decision was made to get rid of them then the thought was how can the ADF get back as much as possible for them and keep techo's employed till they can be rolled onto the UH-60's?
Up till the decision to scrap them all operators approached didn't want them, but value was in the parts market. This recoups cost and keeps techo's and contractors employed till the 60's come on line.
The Fuselages will be buried because they are composite, if they were sold and turned into cubbyhouses etc with time if they broke down and released fibres etc the Govt would be libel.

All this BS about cowardly retirement no one want to remember etc is crap, once the decision was made to retire the chain of events to dispose of them was set in place.

It's funny the people who are defending the MRH (bar one or two) have never worked on or with them; yes when they worked they worked well unfortunately that wasn't very often.
I was just talking with some fitters who were ex MRH and Chinook. They are very much looking fwd to BH's and the same parts and support network the Chinooks have.
Most guys I know are happy to see the back of the MRH and Tiger. One guy I talked too who is a Cpl said with BH, Apache and Chinook he actually see's a future for him now in Army Aviation.

Last edited by T28B; 6th Feb 2024 at 14:23. Reason: Badly needed grammar and punctuation for a useful post