PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC contributed to 15% of flight delays in December
Old 5th Feb 2024, 09:52
ER_BN

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Hoosten,

Yes, I had considered “good bloke” sarcasm and I won’t argue with anything you have written.

Regardless of all opinions expressed of Jason over the years including the career advice from Bill Heffernan, we should all remember there has always been people responsible for Jason’s decision making and leadership. We should always remember that in discussing the current woeful state of Airservices Australia.

In my opinion, (and it is only that) Airservices in 2024 is in a far worse position than 2004, when it was still basking in the glow of a generally successful implementation of TAAATS Eurocat.

Australian aviation has lost two decades with regards to improving efficiency, innovation and safety from its air navigation service provider.

Airservices’ culture, corporate knowledge, technical knowledge and staffing is in a parlous state. I would be happy to be proven wrong.

There are quite a few people with humility who would be willing to help repair Airservices but that would be only after one of the following: a/. comprehensive investigation by the NACC, a royal commission or at the very least a wide ranging parliamentary inquiry.

I do not see any of those three happening.

The “black list” applies to more than just workface controllers.

No one I've spoken to sees it getting any better!