PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC processing time?
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2024, 00:18
Clare Prop

Received 242 Likes on 111 Posts
On the back of your ASIC is the Issuing Body and the address to return the card to on expiry. Not a "sponsor" which is a completely different thing and not applicable to ASICs at all. I think you are confusing this with working visas, where a sponsor takes responsibility if the visa holder breaches their visa conditions or commits a crime. I know this as I have been a sponsor for 420 visas. There is no regulatory requirement for anything to be printed on the back of the card.

Ground staff only get an ASIC for the airport they are working at, they don't need an AUS one. It is possible to have more than one ASIC if they do work at more than one airport. (The same background check applies)

All a pilot needs for their "operational need" for an AUS ASIC is to show their pilot licence. A student pilot needs a letter from their school to say they are currently undergoing training, these do get checked.

Be careful what you wish for, in some countries the pilots DO need to have a security card for each airport they go into. So having one for the whole country is better than that.