PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sky's the limit after payout
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2004, 04:48
zzyyxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Oh dear.......someone struck a nerve, didn't they?

amos2 - name calling! How sad. How does making what was obviously a stupid comment make me an arsehole? If I hit my wife and kids then I'd be an arsehole. A bit of perspective, please.

But then this is what many people use this site for, isn't it? The opportunity to vent frustrations and call people names. Slagging off at Virgin pilots for lowering wages and working conditions in Australia. Slagging off at Impulse pilots for lowering wages and working conditions in Australia. Slagging off at Qantas pilots because they've got it better than most of you. Slagging off at anyone who has an opinion you don't like.

I thought capn bloggs was joking when he suggested that the Australian tax payer subsidise Aviation Degrees, so I responded in the same (you're right - not terribly funny) way. After all, since when has it been a pre-requisite in this country to have a degree in aviation in order to get an airline job?

And guys, I concur!! Some pilots do contribute to the greater social good, especially in rural and remote areas. As do other transport operators, right around Australia - truck drivers and ambulance drivers especially. So lighten up - don't take everything so seriously. ;-)

Last edited by zzyyxx; 27th Jan 2004 at 05:17.