PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2024, 18:06
JW95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Travel24
They do love Norse why did acl give them all the slots they requested this summer. Not exactly rocket science is it
As someone who frequently follows and participates in this thread, I always enjoy seeing both your posts as well as those from my friend, Sotonsean. As far as airline rumours and speculations are concerned at LGW, they are just that until/if any official announcements are made, although I do appreciate that there are members on this forum who work within LGW itself, so I'm sure they are likely to hear of anything in the pipeline before the majority do. In saying this, please lets continue to keep discussions on here civil- personal statements including 'its not exactly rocket science is it' aren't constructive, nor positive, and don't bode well in setting a positive tone for this thread- having positive, open discussions is what we should all be aiming for This is a great thread, let's keep it that way

As far as some of the rumours go, given the success LGW has had last year in bringing in new carriers to the airport, including names that we never thought would consider LGW (I'm thinking Singapore Airlines as a key example), nothing would surprise me anymore in terms of announcements this year, which may of course feature some of those airlines that have already been discussed and rumoured in this thread. I'm not saying that all will, but I'd vouch that at least some will feature. The situation at LHR RE. slot limitations and the never ending debate of the third runway is unlikely to change in the mid-long term future, which is why we are now seeing many carriers beginning to take a fresh look at LGW as an alternative to LHR. So I've no doubt whatsoever that LGW is set for another exciting year, and that we will continue to see further announcements over the coming year.