PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-4
Thread: Edinburgh-4
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2024, 09:54
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
I’m based at ARN. The trouble is we don’t have many direct flights. We can fly to JFK, EWR or MIA (seasonal). For anywhere else we need to change. Most often I end up on Finnair or BA. I have global entry so preclearance isn’t a dealbreaker for me but if flights work I’d have no problem going via EDI and sticking with SAS and Skyteam.
As for immigration times, I’ve queued nearly 3hrs last year at IAD and had plenty of connections shorter than that.
I understand SAS are already recasting the Trans Atlantic network and indeed European networks to align with Delta/ KLM and AirFrance however they have also pretty much refocused on long haul back to Copenhagen .

Seems the dual long haul hub Copenhagen and Stockholm ( limited Oslo) wasn’t at all optimal

Now the real question must surely be can they better push the majority of Trans Atlantic (it’s a smallish number in the scheme of things ) via Copenhagen, Amsterdam, JFK ( rather than Newark ) and Atlanta over Heathrow and United idk.

I highlighted the viability of Stockholm via Edinburgh subject to some rejigging ( as an alternate rather than primary docket routing) however if it generates an extra 50 to 60 connects per day pre-clearance existence wouldn’t make an ounce of difference imho.

Right now SAS need to exit administration and AFKL will certainly want much of the currently star traffic rerouted via Amsterdam and indeed Copenhagen