PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2024, 02:53
chuq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Starting from no time to airlines - Australia

At the end of this year I'm looking to go all in on flying. The very end goal for me is to fly a widebody while still living in Australia.

I've done so much research on all aspects of training and employment and I'm still trying to determine what the best path would be for me. The conclusion I've come to is that I should go and join the Qantas Academy. The QGPA seems to be the best bet in getting all qualifications done including ATPL theory in one year. If I don't get in to that I think I'll enter the Bachelor of Aviation at Griffith and then do the Graduate Diploma of flight management to get a CPL and ME CIR.

But from there I have no clue on what do to. How do I find a low time job. The Qantas Website says that QGPA graduates have access to Qantas' "General Aviation" partners, but I'm not sure that's all it's cracked up to be. Do I go up north and drop a CV into every Chief Pilot up there or do I apply online for anything that becomes available? I live in QLD but I'd be willing to go to Perth If I have to.

How much time do I realistically need to apply for Jetstar, VA or Qantas?

Any constructive feedback on my plan and tips on finding low time work would be immensely appreciated. (thanks for giving this a read)