Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2024, 23:50
Rutan16

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bbtengineer
You lost me at “Why import others Carbon emissions?”

It’s an airport.

If they don’t believe in air transport, they’re in the wrong business.
Things to consider Climate Change - This will see Carbon trading and costs increasing to the businesses and I’d rather those go elsewhere not on the UK PLC spreadsheet indeed all large corporations are required to develop carbon reduction plans and strategies
Brexit - The UK -border controls no longer make a transit into the Schengen zone competitive - trade lost including via our main hub down south - Heathrow has seen a drop in transit traffic as % of just under 5% . ULH traffic is seeing more route by passing Europe entirely.

Again I demonstrated the local dynamics at Manchester - The operation is devoid of the ingredients necessary to distill a significant hub style operation.

And i think you might have MAG and any other operators raison d’etre somewhat confused . They care only in making a profit on investment and infrastructure through they prefer local passengers which are captive and support their franchisees .

BTW I’d have loved BA to remain (now 18 years past) and developed out a hub of sorts however thats long gone. Refer a certain Irish gentlemen on that .

Again i ask what and where do you consider viable and significant traffic flows might come from ?

Last edited by Rutan16; 3rd Feb 2024 at 00:09.