PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Falklands 40
Thread: Falklands 40
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2024, 15:23

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Beamer,
That rings so true!
There was a real culture clash between AT ops and the controlling AD approach. We were used to making our own, individual captain, decisions down route.
Another airbridge was kept holding and like me started pushing to be allowed to land. After landing he told OCOps that he had only 10 mins fuel left before diverting to Montevideo.
Reply, " Oh we won't have let you do that". C130 capt, "You'd have to shoot me down to stop me!"

Experiencing the "Admin normalisation" at ASI and PSA was frustrating to say the least.
The SWO opening the door of our concertina for Stn Cdr's inspection, not long after we had turned in after a northbound night was followed by a loud shut that f'ing door from our Flt Eng.
I don't think we were subject to any more such inspections after that.
Being asked by RAFP on arrival at PSA for a Gen Dec, (General Declaration, a standard form for International flights). "We've not needed one of those before!" "It's just like RAF Germany, Sir"
Studious scanning of area around PSA Twr. " It does not look like Germany to me!" Prior to this the only question on arrival at PSA was, " do you have any mail?"