PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New EASA LVO RVRs
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2024, 07:22
Airmann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by poldek77
You may have a look at this thread:

Controlling RVR
So according to the references provided in this thread only the touch down zone is controlling, the rest is advisory. So it's left to the Crew to decide.

So given that I have never trained or had experience taxiing in less that 75m visibility, I would never accept less than that for purposes of taxiing. Secondly, since I have never controlled an aircraft (either in the sim or in real life) during a manual roll out (or during a take off) with less than 125m vis I wouldn't accept less than that if I didn't have auto rollout. So I would just revert to the old concept by decision of my own margins.

It still leaves doubts in mind as it leaves one in the position where something can be legal, but doubtful as regards safety. Namely, a situation where the touch down zone RVR is ok but the mid point is below 125 in cases of a manual roll out or less than 75, leaving one wondering whether taxiing would be safe.

What's the lowest visibility in which the pilots on this forum have taxied? What was the aircraft and how comfortable did you feel?