PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC processing time?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2024, 04:47
PiperCameron

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
The expiry is the end of the month two years after you get the clearance from Auscheck. eg if the clearance comes through on 5 Jan 2024, it will be valid until 31.1.26 and will say JAN 26
Thanks, CP - I did not know that. It would seem that the random Auscheck processing time is why my ASIC seems to expire a month early every year.

Originally Posted by Clare Prop
There are lots of people who have ASICs that know nothing about aeroplanes, people who do runway works, mow the grass etc
Very true.. but you can be sure they are not acting alone and will have had at least some training on where not to go and what not to do as part of the job induction processes by their hiring company. It's part of the ASIC Sponsor's responsibility under the Act.

Many of the larger airports (I won't say all, because I am only familiar with procedures at MEL, SYD, BNE and PER) have site-specific inductions workers doing runway works, mowing the grass etc have to sit through as part of getting an ASIC through them as the Issuer - not that anyone checks that afterwards, but they might... you just never know.