PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC contributed to 15% of flight delays in December
Old 1st Feb 2024, 20:25
Plazbot

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny_56
To be fair - it means 85% of delays aren’t due to ATC…

****ty infrastructure, outsourcing, lack of crew, weather.

Is 15% an unusual number? ATC delays into Perth are crazy at the moment (especially in busy days), but then they have to work with a single runway half the time, no high speed taxi-ways, half of the flights have to drag their arses down to ‘D’ to vacate. The infrastructure is terrible - at least in Perth
I appreciate the breakdown but in my opinion, ATC caused delays are real delays not the bull**** the captain claims when they have to hold because everyone turns up at once but is the that ANSP can't deliver the service.

15% to me is an absolute disgrace that is being filtered down for blame to the Controller on the floor. That is just unfair and devious on behalf of management.

Australian ATC is in my opinion one of the best on earth, training, safety management, expedition but all based around what the person at the console is permitted to do.

I've been out of dodge for some time and am very aware of what my ex brothers and sisters have to put up with. I'm one that since the Tongan auto mail said no more ED has enjoyed my days off. You can't expect an allegedly first world system to run based on a dice roll.

Hey, I've got the same issues in my current employ. I'm sure AsA big bigs are reading this. Let's chat. PM for off the record attempts to help each other.

Last edited by Plazbot; 2nd Feb 2024 at 08:54.
The following 2 users liked this post by Plazbot: