PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast international-3
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2024, 15:55
Cozy F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assume this idea about US Clearance has come from the U.K. political discussions.

I have ties and connections to Belfast and would love to see travel and tourism really flourish there. Alas I really don’t see any legs in this 😏

I’ve used Belfast Int a lot over the years, mainly because I favour easyJet and all their flts were there. But as ezy have started to serve City airport I’ve used it some more and I have to say it is a really simple and pleasant airport.

i’ve also been to and thru Dublin on a couple of trips in the last year and I hadn’t been there in years. It is frankly mind boggling how much investment and development there is in Dublin airport. There are so many airlines and flts if now compares well to any airport I can think of in the world.

I went through Belfast just last week and there does seem to be some work and construction taking place but overall it is a depressing experience. Ther place looked shabby and dirty and there were untended weeds growing out of the building and that was before you drive out along the road with all the cars jostling to park among the potholes. I’m afraid it does not offer a 21st century welcome to visitors and with Dublin so well served and not very far away down a good road if is really difficult to see how Belfast Int could ever really develop any major services unless it was rebuilt and a huge amount of investment put into it to make it appealing.

to be honest it might be a bigger benefit to Belfast if ezy continued to add more service at the City Airport.