PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2024, 07:44
itsLouiss_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jbking
It’s pretty rare, but I’ve heard of several people getting rejected at the initial screening process.
No company will 100% give you an interview opportunity by only meeting the requirements listed on the website. Cathay at least sends out rejection letters so you know you’re not selected. A lot of the companies will simply ignore you. They could reject you based on your resume, cover letter etc. It could be the education background although there are some high school kids getting in. It could be the English grades, math grades whatever you filled in the application.
Did the email say when you can apply again? If not, why not just polish your resume and give it another try in case you feel your background is competitive enough. There’s not much else you can do.
They didn’t really tell me when I can reapply again, all they said was they wouldn’t be proceeding with the application process.

Although I’ve tried refining my application, once it’s sent I’m unable to edit anymore, and the date of application still shows it was the first I’ve sent so I’m worried the application I’m sending still has the same details as my first application, without the new information.