PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SunExpress recruitement for 2024 season is starting
Old 1st Feb 2024, 05:58
sinemeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone, I passed the Mollymawk test. I'll share my experiences and feedback later in the post, but before I want to ask a question for the people who also got passed the Mollymawk stage. Next up for me is psychological evaluation, all I know about this stage is that it's new (for 2024 applicants) and there's no such thing as negative outcome, i.e. getting eliminated from the process. My guess is that it's a complementary stage for the board interview to ease the workload of the interviewers by getting some key answers to key questions beforehand. I also think that it's kind of a CRM interview. I'm told that it's going to take place in Istanbul. I'm Turkish citizen, so maybe it's unique for TR citizens, I really have no idea about it. The people those who have done this stage, could you please give feedback about it? You can either write it here or DM me. It's very much appreciated, thanks in advance.

My Mollymawk experiences (January 2024):

I was invited to Antalya to take the Mollymawk test. I don't reside in Antalya and they didn't offer flights or hotel, so I paid my tickets by myself. The test takes place in SunExpress Plaza which is located very close to AYT. Take a look at T1A tram if you want to use public transportation. It's only 3 stops from the airport and extra 5-minute walk. When you get to the building, you'll be taken to the cafeteria where you can sit and drink hot beverages and water while waiting for your instructor to come and get you. There's also a vending machine with snacks and cold beverages, and a coffee machine for free of use (only the coffee machine, not vending machine). Your instructor will take you a PC room, give a brief explanation for the day and your test will start right away after sound check. (no test runs etc.). A couple of quick words on the PC: Mouse sensitivity is really high, so keep that in mind. Also, the headphones are small, so are earpads. You can adjust the volume.

The test order is as follows:

1. Time Sharing (20 minutes -displayed on the screen-) followed by English test (20 questions - I guess it was 15 minutes -displayed on the screen-).
2. 5-minute break
3. Spatial Orientation (no time displayed on the screen, similar to the MM practice screen layout, but I guess it was 12 minutes) followed by Maths & Science test (20 questions - 40 minutes -displayed on the screen-). You'll be given two A5 size papers and and a pen before starting.
4. 5-minute break
5. Working Memory (12 minutes -displayed on the screen) followed by ATPL exam (if you applied for the cadet position you're asked to skip it) followed by Self Description (100 items). The test then will be finished and your instructor will come and you'll see your results right away.

More details on the aptitude tests and skill tests:

1. Time Sharing: As stated before, it's almost the same as in MM practice runs. My advice would be getting used to recognize 5-6 digit numbers as well. Sometimes you'll be hearing something like, "Please enter: 56784" or "Please enter: 124050" etc. Also, a couple of 5-digit subtractions was also included like: "Please calculate: 12450 minus 750" or "Please calculate: 10500 minus 7600" etc. I tried to do that at first try and typed whatever result I found. You don't have to lose time by trying to find the correct answer as you can always collect more points from easier questions. The rest were same: 3-digit numbers divided by 3-9, multiplications of the numbers between 11-19, finding the highest/lowest/second highest/second lowest numbers in the sequences, finding how many odd/even numbers in the sequences, calculating 15-35-45-55-65-85 percentages of 3-4-digit numbers, simple additions and subtractions of numbers between 10-99, and 1-digit multiplications (5x9, or 47x3 etc.). As for the gauges: Indicators wouldn't be showing red all the time, you just have to check them regularly. They usually show red once you're about the type the answer, or middle of the number sequences. Be aware and you'll be fine. Just try not to do false alarms as they will make you lose points. As for the navigational phase, it's just as the same. Simple and no different layouts.

2. Spatial Orientation: There's a couple of important differences between the real test and the practice runs. First, commands will be faster. I can say it's somewhere between 1.25x-1.5x, and it is fixed speed. It doesn't get gradually faster, it begins with a faster pace and stays the same until the end. I recommend you to record a couple of your test runs, and play it a faster pace to get used to the speed. The other major difference is the cube layout. In the MM practice runs, the cube layouts are always the same. In the real test, there will be different and sometimes bizarre layouts. Also, front face of the cube isn't always the same. You have to be careful with that as well. Sometimes the spider will go and stay on the back/bottom of the cubes, so try to get familiar with the commands when spider isn't visible. You can do mental cube layouts and give imaginary commands to yourself. It would help.

3. Working memory: Completely the same thing with MM practice tests. The only difference is the symbols will be different, but no big deal. Keep doing what you're doing, nothing special.

4. English and Maths & Science: Also same with the MM practice tests. Some questions will be completely same with different numbers, some will be different but solvable with basic reasoning. My questions were of following topics, as far as I could remember: Basic trig calculations (sine-cosine calcs), percentage calcs, L-cm^3 conversions, distance-speed-time relation and basic calculations, height-acceleration-time relation in free fall, moment/torque and calculating the force or distance, bouyancy.

So, I guess that's all. There may be something I missed and forgot, but overall experience was like that. You can also ask different things about MM day if they're not mentioned above. Staff will help you out and they're friendly and smiling people. It's also very nice of them to allow you sit in the cafeteria as you can use everything with the actual employees.

Last edited by sinemeister; 2nd Feb 2024 at 01:22.