PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2024, 00:15
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by pabely
No spare slots at AMS so never going to happen.
Never going to happen with such "gusto."

But KLM, along with their fellow Sky Team members, have an extremely large slot portfolio at Amsterdam if indeed KLM ever wanted to resume their own AMS-LGW service.

I'm not saying that KLM would or would not resume their own AMS-LGW service but to use "Never going to happen" is like someone posting on this particular thread this time last year suggesting that Singapore Airlines could be a possible candidate for LGW. Well it happened to everyone's surprise.

At the end of the day, "Never going to happen" is a baseless comment. It reminds me of a friend of mine who in late February 2022 just before Russia illegally invaded Ukraine. He was adamant when he said to me, "Never going to happen. Well it happened, but I wasn't surprised.

And it would not surprise me at all if at some point in the future KLM did indeed resume their own AMS-LGW service. But in saying that I'm sure KLM would have better opportunities to use any slots made available to them at AMS rather than them resuming service to LGW.