PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-3
Thread: Gatwick-3
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2024, 21:40
FlyGatwick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who's next?

Originally Posted by JW95
A very nice addition to Gatwick Swiss have an excellent reputation for being one of the best European airlines; can't wait to see their A220 at LGW soon.

In keeping in the spirit following a new airline/route launch at LGW, it's time for the question on everyone's minds: Who (realistically) will be next?
IMHO, a KLM / KLM Cityhopper LGW-AMS feeder would make an excellent fit for Gatwick if they can lay their hands on the four to five daily, commonly timed slot pairs - an extreme rarity at Gatwick these days - Aer Lingus are soon going to vacate. My second choice would be Air France (for an LGW-CDG feeder).

Hope Swiss can get another morning slot pair to make their new LGW-ZRH a proper feeder to maximise onward connections at ZRH, both outbound and inbound (which usually tend to be early morning arrivals for most European long-haul flight connections). Interestingly in this context, according to ACL's most recent interim slot report for LGW for summer 2024, Swiss had actually applied for two daily slot pairs to allow them to serve this route both in the morning and the evening. But they were not successful in getting any of the slots for which they had originally applied. So, I wonder where these slots came from. I think another airline that succeeded in getting the slots at Gatwick for which they had applied must have decided not to take them and to return them to the slot pool for reallocation to Swiss.

Will we see ITA Airways, who have actually been successful in getting the two daily slot pairs for which they had applied, launch LGW-FCO next?