PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI MPL Cadet Programme Jan 2024
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2024, 14:04
bb91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys!

I am an experienced pilot and went through an MPL scheme back in 2018 at FTE Jerez. Before that, I attended over 5 MPL assessments centres and know what rejection is like.

Some advice that will help you.

Always look smart, even on a video interview. Wear a suit and shave and present yourself in the best possible way. Do a few mock interviews with your family, it may help overcome nerves and will make you confident.

When answering your motivation to join a funded MPL scheme, do not say its because it's free (as many are currently doing). You will be rejected and it doesn't look great.

Talk about your passion for a customer centric environment and how TUI will allow you to exceed customer expectations. TUI want their pilots to form bonds with customers and interact with them on the flight deck.

Talk about the longterm opportunities with TUI, such as additional responsibilities like pilot recruitment and pilot training that you can get involved with. You can also bid to do long haul on the 787 if that interests you.

Talk about the business model and how this will offer you a challenging career, such as busy summer flying. The business model is to offer a customer the entire leisure experience from start to finish rather than component parts.

Talk about the environment at TUI, which is basically a family style environment with a management team that genuinely care. Mention how their values (Trusted, Unique, Inspiring) align with your life. With TUI, you will discover your smile.

Like most airlines, TUI want to recruit future Captains and thats what they are looking for straight away. They want to recruit people that are there for the longterm and have thought about both the pro's and con's of being a pilot.

Finally, never ever give up. Your dream will become reality with perseverance. Work hard and you will achieve, trust me I have done it.