PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Direct Entry Pilot
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2024, 11:03
Alrosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raph737
I hear you. I was wondering if the ambiance at BA was similar to one of our bases at my airline, where FO’s have a WhatsApp group to swap trips when they are rostered with a few special individuals(far too many), in case they get stuck more than one day with them. Gets to a point in your career where it gets boring, and you’re more outspoken with the wannabe “Mavericks”. I’m all about an easy day out and a good laugh, no patience for point scoring or attitude.

The incident I witnessed was in Singapore, Christmas trip. Pilots spent the following days chasing the crew, hoping to get involved in the socials but were ignored, after being rude to them onboard(including my partner) and when we were getting ready to jump on the crew transport(myself plus other six, got taxis to the hotel as captain said the transport was for pilots/crew only). His wife got on the bus though, and obviously she got first class and the other pilots helped themselves with first class food without asking the galley operator (my partner) if there was enough for passengers (there wasn’t), it was an embarrassing s***show.

Thanks for sharing!

Can only speak for 320 LHR but most folks seem lovely both sides of the door. Everyone is different and you of course have to allow for individual personality etc. but I haven’t flown with anyone yet I thought was a tool. I think it’s mainly a case of you get out what you put in.

Most folk are after an easy day (wishful thinking at base!) and nil post flight paperwork.