PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newcastle Airport
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2004, 00:22
tyne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle Airport

Hi my first posting here..

As a regular PAX in and out of NCL, and as someone who lives on the approach, I wonder if I could ask a few questions.

I live on the coast at Tynemouth. There seem to be three distinct routes up the coast to where aircraft turn left - in land.

Two heading North, and one heading East out to sea. Is anyone able to tell me how this system works please?

Aslo I occasionally see planes travelling the opposite way on these routes - South or West opposite the flow of traffic. Why would this be so?

As aircraft fly over the Tyne and Tynemouth, how low and fast are they? It is often quite easy to see airline logos on the tail while over Tyneside.

I was once told that there was a plan if an aircraft had to ditch that it would be directed to do so close to one of Tyneside's beaches? Is this true? Surely every emergency has it's own specific response?

Finally, has there ever been a crash at or approaching NCL. I know of a Tornado a few years back.

These are just questions I've been mulling over for years and when I happened upon your group I thought I would ask.

Thank you.

Tyne....