PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai Vs EK
Thread: Flydubai Vs EK
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2024, 10:25
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Apestogetherstrong
What is with the funny pilot uniform at fly dubai. I have seen a few pictures and pilots look like flight attendants(no offence intended). It is just my opinion that the uniforms look funny and not professional at all
Interesting. Why is it funny? It's no where close to flight attendants tbh but different, certainly. Just no tie and no jacket. I guess that came from the olderer culture of being different and relaxed/casual. We used to have 0 layovers so this was perfect. Over time transitioned to 30% being layovers with only more to be added. Other than that the brown/kaki shoes and belt will change to black shortly. Then it's like 90% of the worldwide uniforms. If I have to doubt we'll see the fleet wide addition of jacket and tie with the introduction of the 787's. Hopefully no cap though.

Actually they are very strict on following the uniform dress code. Unlike many others I've witnessed, including majors. As a recent example I flew non rev on a United 777 not too long ago and the FO was wearing pink socks and trousers that were too short. For us that would have been a offload, guaranteed.