PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Teesside-2
Thread: Teesside-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2024, 21:31
onion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really can't fathom people out.
The report is quite clear they found no evidence of illegality or corruption which is what was leveled at the Mayor and his department.
Yes there are recommendations on how to improve and hopefully get an even better deal for the taxpayer!
Gove has already asked for a response from the Mayor on how he intends to action these recommendations.

The issue now for those who are dead against the mayor is they now have to find something else to pick apart.... so the recommendations become an issue.
The fact is he was transparent when needed in this, true he and his department should be more transparent but he and his departments have been found to have done no wrong! And recommendations are only that. He would be a fool not to implement them to hopefully stop another witch hunt!
I'm more interested in what his accusers have to say? Where was their evidence? Parliamentary privilege is something to be cherished but only when used correctly!
We are unlikely to know if his accusers ever had strong evidence.... or if it was just an opportunity to try and discredit someone.... throw enough mud and some will stick.

I would of been surprised if there hadn't been any recommendations. We learn from things like this. To be honest several of the points in the recommendations aren't even leveled at the mayor. They are at individuals (which could include the mayor).
Others are at the constitutions of the entities involved.

Hopefully the recommendations are implemented.... i then await the next stage of the witch hunt!