PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2024, 15:45
Sotonsean

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
Their international routes have usually been to and from Shanghai. They planned PVG-HEL-MAN and possibly EDI before the pandemic, but it never happened.
I assumed that it would probably be from Shanghai PVG, considering their operations at that hub.

Although I'm aware of there previous intentions on operating PVG-HEL-MAN I wonder if MAG have approached them in considering starting MAN as well as STN from Shanghai PVG.

Juneyao Air would make a great addition to the London Stansted airline network and route portfolio.

On a another note.

Frontier Airlines from the USA had previously mentioned last year that they are looking at opportunities with their upcoming fleet of Airbus A321XLR. One of the possibilities mentioned was that Frontier Airlines would consider transatlantic flights from one of their hub airports such as Newark or Philadelphia. With the competition at LGW on transatlantic flights Frontier Airlines could well be a future contender at STN.

I also wonder if at some point, Qatar starting a service from Doha to complement their existing cargo flights at STN.

In the next 12 months or so it would be great to see the following at STN.

Emirates...Dubai
Frontier Airlines...Newark
Juneyao Air...Shanghai
Qatar...Doha
Royal Jordanian Airlines...Amman

And any other potential medium to long haul airlines would be great additions at STN.