PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging flight hours
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2024, 15:21
Puffpuffgive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for all the advice everyone.

Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
I haven't used my Transport Canada PPL for years, but do have CAA, EASA and FAA CPLs, so have a reasonable knowledge I hope of the rules.

You should comply with both. Where the rules are different either side of the Atlantic, either keep two logbooks, or have multiple columns so that the totals are added up differently according to each authority - this last is what I do.

G
So I get this right can I give you this example: If I fly in the UK in a G reg plane, I fly 15nm from the aerodrome, do some air exercises, then fly back. I list this in my logbook as PIC 1hr, then have a UK cross country column and list it as 1hr, and a Canada cross country column and list it as 0hr (as Canada requires a touch and go at another aerodrome).

If I then go to Canada and fly a C reg plane, do another 15nm from the aerodrome, do some air exercises, then fly back, I log this as PIC 1hr and again in the UK cross country column list 1hr and in the Canada cross country column list 0hr. Is that the right way of doing it?