PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2024, 05:13
smepc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm eager to share my recent 'terrible' interview experience. I use the term terrible not because I didn't achieve the expected outcome, but due to some unsettling discussions. Initially, I thought I would just move on, but now I feel it's important to share my perspective with those who might apply or join this program in the future.

The HR person, named Ada, spent the entire interview process looking down, making me feel like she wasn't interested in our interaction. Additionally, when asked certain questions, I even felt somewhat offended. She came across as arrogant. For example, she repeatedly questioned why I wasn't pursuing a career as a cabin crew member or engineer. It felt like going for a bartender position in a restaurant, and the interviewer asks, 'Hey, why don't you want to be a chef instead?' Moving on, there were instances where she seemed not to understand my points and facts, despite my patient explanations. I was often asked rhetorical questions. It was like being interrogated, 'Are you sure you weren't at the scene?' I simply stated what I knew, and while these things are easily verifiable, I didn't appreciate being questioned this way. Another issue was being asked technical questions during the initial interview. It felt as if Ada, after asking everything possible, still wanted to find something you don't know to trip you up. Imagine living in your house all your life and being asked, 'Hey, do you know how many planks of wood make up the fence around your house?'

As expected, I received an unsuccessful email. It's no wonder there's always been talk about intense conflicts between HR and pilots here. I can imagine why, as even before joining the program, I felt a complete lack of respect. They recruit hundreds of cadets each year, so they don’t really need to respect someone like me. Well, best of luck to everyone else.