PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2024, 17:47
VThokie2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by teamflyer
i got the same email and interested. But i just have a few questions. I fly for one of the legacies in the US and my schedule affords me to go to school as well. The program is all online so I could do it from Dubai if I so happen to get hired. I am just wondering about the schedule flexibility in Emirates. Is one easily able to choose their days off for their schedule for instance if I have an exam on a specific date, can I choose my days off accordingly?

Also does Emirates have a seniority system like they do here in the US? Someone told me that everyone gets the same pay and treatment and seniority doesn’t have much play?
As a former EK pilot now back in the US stay far far away…. It’s a completely different job out at Emirates. The ONLY similarity is that both jobs involve flying aircraft, that’s it! In terms of QOL/Schedule flexibility (there is none)/training environment/stress levels EK and a U.S. Legacy is night and day different. This would not be a “lateral move” for you but a step down, there’s a reason why the vast majority of US pilots left about 5-10 yrs ago, some went back to a US regional to escape, that should tell you something! EK makes complete sense and a great opportunity and a step up for many pilots globally….. for you as a US legacy pilot it is most definitely NOT!